The Security Officer/Driver maintains a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling the property, monitoring surveillance equipment, and providing excellent customer service. The Security Officer/Driver will be required to escort senior management, employees, and visitors to various location.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Secures premises and personnel by: patrolling property, permitting and restricting entry, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points, examine property through electronic monitoring systems
2. Completes reports by recording observations, occurrences, and surveillance activities. Interviewing witnesses and obtaining relevant signatures for reports.
3. Provide Security Escort for Directors and Vice Presidents.
4. Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control and accident investigations
5. Ensure the security, safety and well-being of all personnel, visitors, and the premises. Prevents loss and damages by reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures, and restraining trespassers
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of seven (7) Subjects at CXC inclusive a Mathematics and English A.
• At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
• A Police Certificate of Good Character
• A valid Driver’s Permit with a minimum of two years’ experience.
• A valid Defensive or Evasive Driving Certificate.
• Must be computer literate.
• Any additional training in security will be an asset.
• A previous Precept will be an asset but not mandatory.
• Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
• Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed.
• Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your Supervisor/Manager.
• Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work instructions.
• Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Supervisor/Manager once there is any doubt.
• Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job.
• Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or external) as required.
• Report all incidents immediately to your Supervisor/Manager.
• Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined, and corrective action taken; and
• Tag and report all defective tools or equipment immediately.
• Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
• Adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
• Observation skills- to be focus, alert and be able to easily identify changes in the surroundings and determine whether it is serious and requires support from management or public services.
• Enjoyable to work with - especially with direct team members.
• Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
• Detail Oriented - especially when generating various reports by accurately document each incident of importance, as well as the status of the facility at the close of his/her shift.
• Communication – ability to talk and listen to person to diffuse a situation that might have led to a disastrous outcome.
• Physical Fitness - Ability to work 12 hours shift, nights, days, and weekends.
• Ability to work in a team, receive and follow instructions and communicate with co-workers and external parties as required.
• Physical demand – Office and Field Based
• May attend virtual or in-person conferences, workshops, meetings, etc.
• Fast-paced environment.