The position of Surveyor exists for the purpose of carrying out required tasks in the field for survey projects, as requested by the Party Chief, Survey Ops Manager, Project Surveyor, and / or field client representatives for the survey project’s field activities.
• Assist fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures
• Conduct and document daily Job Safety Analysis (JSA)/ Safety pre-tower meetings
• Train and adhere to company’s specific requirements
• Managing and carrying out specific job tasks as requested by client, project manager, survey manager
• Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor
• Calibrate heading, attitude and bathymetric sensors.
• Connect computer networks and fault find as needed
• Install, test and commission surface and subsurface survey positioning systems and data acquisition sensors
• Perform maintenance of survey systems
• Document maintenance logs, fault reports and test sheets according to procedures
• Prepare comprehensive hand-over notes and end of trip reports
• Responsible for the care and safety of company equipment
Candidate must possess the following:
• Electronics, electrical or Computer based science degree or equivalent relevant offshore experience;
• Must have offshore marine construction experience
• Familiar with DGPS (C-Nav systems, Hemisphere systems), survey software (Eiva & 4D Nav), multibeam
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Packages
• Must have good knowledge of IT systems to online navigation spreads.
Must Have | Capabilities
Excellent crisis management skills: ability to act quickly with confidence while exercising sound judgement.
Strong time management skills: able to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.