The Transport Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the timely delivery and collection of employees, documents, packages and cargo. He/She is required to maintain a collection and delivery schedule and provide tracking information to customers and internal team members.
· Log all transportation request in MAGAYA.
· Ensure all drivers and couriers are using the proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
· Inform Drivers, Couriers and Transportation Vendors of any changes to cargo or documentation destination.
· To update Transportation Vendors if cargo needs to be kept overnight.
· Ensure all transportation invoices are received within 48 hours.
· Ensure that all Transportation Vendors invoices are verified and passed over to the finance team for invoicing.
· Ensure Couriers collect deliveries, cheques and documents in a timely manner.
· Report daily on pending task that must be completed the next day using the priority task.
· Ensure that subcontractors are paid in a timely manner.
· Ensure that toolbox for Drivers and Couriers are done every morning.
· Liaise with Drivers and Couriers every hour via WhatsApp Group or by calling to get updates.
· Report any incidents to the Operations Supervisor immediately.
· Ensure Drivers and Couriers always obey the Laws (speed limit, seatbelts etc).
· Ensure all Drivers and Couriers are not under the influence or intoxicated before performing their duties.
· Any other duties that may be required.
· Minimum of a Diploma in Management or a related field
· At least two (2) years supervisory experience
· Valid Drivers License
· Experience in a similar role would be an asset
· Must have at least basic technical knowledge of automobiles
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Good Organizational skills in order to coordinate activities.
Maintain standards of safety and
comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System
· Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
· Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.