Our client in Guyana, who works within the oil and gas industry, is searching for a Workshop Technician I . The successful candidate will play an integral role in keeping the machinery, procedures, and tools up-to-date with the maintenance plan. This includes making sure they are in excellent working order at all times. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for suggesting improvements to the machinery, tools, and systems; implementing safety practices and environmental requirements; and providing technical maintenance advice
· Ensuring that all pre-job checks are conducted and that the full equipment package is ready for the job.
· To undertake non-skilled work associated with the Maintenance of oilfield equipment and provide general assistance to the Workshop Supervisor.
· General house-keeping duties.
· Maintenance of company vehicle.
· To operate the maintenance of the equipment necessary for lowering / removal of coating.
· To assist in the preparation of maintenance and operations reports.
· To follow the directions or instructions of the persons in charge, supervisors or coordinators of the work area.
Whenever requested, to assist on operations carried out in the
· To know the dangers / risks inherent in their work area and the actions developed to control them.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
Qualification in Industrial, Hydraulic Maintenance, notions in Electric and Pneumatic maintenance.
At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar role.
Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Good communication skills.
Ability to meet physical demands of job position.
Commitment to compliance and health and safety.