Join Our Database!
Workshop Technician I
Our client in Guyana, who works within the oil and gas industry, is searching for a Workshop Technician I . The successful candidate will play an integral role in keeping the machinery, procedures, and tools up-to-date with the maintenance plan. This includes making sure they are in excellent working order at all times. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for suggesting improvements to the machinery, tools, and systems; implementing safety practices and environmental requirements; and providing technical maintenance advice.
· Ensuring that all pre-job checks are conducted and that the full equipment package is ready for the job.
· To undertake non-skilled work associated with the Maintenance of oilfield equipment and provide general assistance to the Workshop Supervisor.
· Maintenance of company vehicle.
· To operate the maintenance of the equipment necessary for lowering / removal of coating.
· To assist in the preparation of maintenance and operations reports.
· To follow the directions or instructions of the persons in charge, supervisors or coordinators of the work area.
· Whenever requested, to assist on operations carried out in the base.
· To know the dangers / risks inherent in their work area and the actions developed to control them.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
· Qualification in Industrial, Hydraulic Maintenance, notions in Electric, Pneumatic maintenance or Machinery.
· At least six (6) months experience in a similar role.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Good communication skills.
· Highly motivated with excellent coordinating, organizational, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to gain a basic understanding of the quality system, equipment function, and maintenance activities
The Closing date for the submission of resumes is April 30, 2023