SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the Liza Destiny FPSO, which will be located in the Stabroek Basin, approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for an experienced Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Specialist to work onshore at Georgetown shore base.
In this role, you will work closely with the HSSE Engineer, the Unit Manager and the offshore team to ensure we meet our health, safety, environmental and security goals and deliverables. Specific duties include:
- To provide Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental advice and guidance to the Georgetown Shore Base management team and staff, and to the FPSO's;
- To support Internal MS/ISM/Environmental audits on the Shore Base, and Offshore on the company FPSO's.
- To assist and support the HSSE Manager in the implementation of the SBM MS both onshore and offshore as well as for ensuring legal compliance with international and local regulations;
- To support the audits on suppliers and service companies;
- Follow up accident investigation action items;
- Develop accident statistics for the operation, and compile records that include Petrobras Accident Reports.
- To provide to the Brazil HSSE Manager with a monthly Safety Report;
- Take an active part in the implementation and updating of the 14001 & 45001 standard, onshore and offshore and be aware of new rules and regulations to be implemented.
- Liaise with the Client on Environmental issues, ensuring waste management procedures are being followed.
- Monitor the Observation Card program and compile records and statistical analysis;
- Visit the FPSO's as is required;
- Plan and manage the combined emergency exercises to ensure that both the Shore Base and Offshore emergency response procedures are effective, comprehensive and where improvements are deemed necessary, to bring this to the attention of the management team;
- Ensure that the HSSE Manager is informed immediately of any safety, health and environment concerns that may arise;
- To support the HSSE Manager functions in his/her absence;
- Conduct and/or oversee internal and external audits and ensure corrective actions are registered and completed;
- Conduct safety and environmental orientations as needed to sub-contractors, vendors, visitors and/or SBM personnel as needed to ensure they are aware of the regulations relevant to Guyana and are aware of their HSSE duties and responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- 5 - 8 years’ experience in a similar role…Security and Environmental aspects necessary.
- University or college degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical or Process)
- Recognised formal safety qualification equivalent to the NEBOSH General Certificate in Safety Engineering.
- Recognised formal qualification in Environmental audit.
- 3 – 5 years experience in Risk Analysis.
- 3 to 5 years experience in Incident Investigation and Methodologies.
- Experience in Process Safety Management (PSM), evaluation and Control.
- Experience in Developing and maintain Management system Documentation.
- At least 3 years experience in Environmental and safety audits.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Must be Guyanese living in Guyana
- Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
- Office located in Georgetown
- Busy, fast-paced environment
If you are interested and meet the requirements to perform this role, please apply via:
El Dorado Offshore - eldoradooffshore.com
All applications should be submitted on or before Friday, March 25, 2022.
Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted.