The Sample Catcher provides the GSS Field Specialist/Engineer trainees, also called mud loggers, with a representative collection of mud samples and cuttings and helps them in the maintenance of all the equipment installed around the rig. The Sample Catcher must wash, dry and screen samples while ensuring they are properly stored for analysis.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
· Diploma in geology or related field of study
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Sample Catcher
· Good computer
skills and the ability to work with technology
· Ability to absorb a range of technical information in areas such as geology, chemistry, mechanics, electricity, electronics and computer science
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also as part of a team
· Ability to cope with the challenging working environment of the oil industry.
· Analytical and critical thinking
· Be fully vaccinated
· Offshore training would be an asset
Please send resumes and supporting certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: May 15th 2023