Sustainability & Social Impact Program Development Officer
We are looking for a Sustainability
& Social Impact Program Development Officer to work onshore at Georgetown shore base.
• The incumbent identifies sustainability initiatives and submit them for review and approval to a sustainability committee
• The Sustainability & Social Impact Program Development Manager works across the various local SBM departments and projects’ organizations, in order to ensure work is executed in compliance with the Sustainability Development Goals (SDG) targeted by the Company.
• The Sustainability & Social Impact Program Development Officer manages the execution of the sustainability projects undertaken in country
• He/She understands, discusses with country manager and reports on the country development strategy, Local Content Plan and areas where basic needs could match Company’s sustainability objectives
• Monitor sustainability projects as well as monthly and quarterly local content reports
• Keeps Project’s Dashboard up to date and provides input on Monthly Unit Reporting
• Lobbies the ethic of SBM Offshore among client and sub-contractors’ organizations
• Presents material to describe SBM Offshore global sustainability goals and local project’s objectives to local stakeholders and NGOs
• Identifies local NGOs (e.g., NGO’s and other private companies) which could help unlocking projects relative to sustainability objectives
• Trains local SBM Offshore employees and sub-contractors to the basics of Company sustainability and local content goals
• Manages local external parties involved in the execution of sustainability and local content projects
• Highlights opportunities to develop a positive image of the Company in Guyana and support local communication plan
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of a MS degree preferably in environment alternatively in project management, Supply Chain, engineering, Sustainability Development Project
• More than 15 years’ experience
• Proven work experience in project management; more than 5 years
• Desire to grow and develop oneself in Sustainability with work experience with one of the following concept: Emission reduction, Carbon credit projects, Corporate Social Responsibility
• Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, virtual reality, etc)
• Fluent English, Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
• Ability to present and lobby new concepts
• Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports
• Good computer skills (MS Windows, Outlook, MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
• Strong business ethic
Please e-mail all applications with required certificates to
firstname.lastname@example.org by February 18, 2022.
Please include the job title on the subject of the email to support your application.
All candidates must be of Guyanese nationality residing in Guyana
Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted.