We are looking to recruit an experienced
and dynamic Motorman who will be responsible for assisting the Chief
Engineer/Senior Mechanic in the engine room.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Must be fully committed to working safely and to accepting responsibility for the safety of fellow crew members.
• Assist Supervisor in identifying jobs which may require a Risk Assessment.
• Participate along with Supervisor in Risk Assessments.
• Shall undertake duties as allocated or directed by Chief Engineer/Senior Mechanic.
• Undertake operational maintenance, planned maintenance and repairs to mechanical equipment within the Machinery Spaces as directed by Chief Engineer/Senior Mechanic.
• Must be familiar with machinery and systems, so that, in an Emergency situation, essential services can be safely restored.
• Ensure that Engine Room logs, propulsion logs and maintenance records are completed as required.
• Advise Chief Engineer of requirements for spare parts, materials or services.
• Report any faults to Chief Engineer/Senior Mechanic.
• Analysis and treatment of potable water system.
• Maintain general housekeeping in Control Room and all designated machinery spaces and workshops.
• Any other duties as required by the Chief Engineer.
· Recognised qualification in Mechanical Engineering
· 4th Class Motor Certificate will be an asset
· Experience in Watch Keeping
DEADLINE: September 16th, 2022