The Pipefitting Supervisor will coordinate activities of workers engaged in fabricating, assembling, installing, and maintaining piping, fixtures, and equipment for gas, steam, hot water, fire sprinkler system, or oil heating, cooling, lubricating, and industrial processing systems: This incumbent will train new workers in the use of equipment and tools and assign workers to specific duties and inspect completed processing systems to determine conformance to specifications.
• Cut and bevel pipe Fit pipe Weld when necessary
• Fabricate and install tank support shoes including tank layout and assisting QC with inspection.
• Adhere to all safety programs and behaviors.
• Review blueprints to understand requirements.
• Set and modify specifications.
• Inspect and prepare sites for construction operations.
• Measure and cut pipes according to requirements.
• Weld, assemble, and lubricate pipes.
• Install and secure pipes (e.g. with clamps)
• Test functionality of hydraulic and other systems
• Repair malfunctions, breakages, or leaks
• Use and maintain tools (e.g. pneumatic drill, saws)
• Collaborate with other workers (e.g. plumbers, painters) to produce finished constructions
• Attending safety meetings and supervisor training.
Requirements and skills
• Proven experience as a pipefitting supervisor
• Knowledge of health and safety guidelines when dealing with dangerous equipment or chemicals
• Good numerical and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to work in shifts and/or overtime
• Valid license