Recruitment & Training Specialist
The Recruitment and Training Specialist is responsible for providing support for EL Dorado Offshore (EDO) Regional and International recruitment and onboarding based on clients’ requirements. The Recruitment and Training Specialist will conduct training for HR employees and others and facilitate development and implementation of appropriate HR management responses including plans and Standard Operating Procedures that fits EDO’s policy and standards.
The Recruitment and Training Specialist, is responsible for leading the overall HR functions including work- force planning, recruitment, staff training and development, etc. Recruitment and Training Specialist is required to possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills. He/ She must be a knowledge expert on the product or service offered by our Company and be able to describe its features and details to customers.
Recruitment, Training, Onboarding and Offboarding
Acknowledge client requests for recruiting potential employees.
Completing end to end recruitment process including coordination of job posting, headhunting, pre-screening candidates, and shortlisting.
Support the interview coordination function by organizing and conducting interviews with prospective employees and suggesting recommendations to the client for selection based on the client specifications.
Ensuring accurate maintenance of employee/recruitment databases for respective clients as well as completing all necessary background checks according to protocol of country legislation.
Processing of all applications from prospective applicants and shortlisting candidates as per client specifications.
Initiate the onboarding process as per EDO’s processes ensuring all required trainings and medicals are completed, contracts and other onboarding documents are completed, orientation is completed upon onboarding and employees are provided with all required PPE as well as schedule of trainings as needed for their position.
Coordination of the offboarding process when employees are terminated or resign inclusive of offboarding meeting, collection of EDO distributed items (e.g., PPE, devices etc.), communication with payroll to be removed from Micropay system as well as to C&P and Invoicing to rebill the client.
Conducting courtesy interviews as per client and internal requests.
Arrange contracts and contract renewals.
El Dorado Offshore Guyana Inc.
Lot 211-212 New Market Street
Ensuring all personnel have the required documentation for staging e.g. National passports, safety passports for offshore, and training certificates.
Provide the necessary PPE information for new employees to the Operations Specialist.
Planning career Fairs, Career Workshops and Recruitment Fairs.
Ensure 1:1 Priority List is completed and submitted for review by 3PM every Friday.
Ensure all client emails are responded to 12 to 24 hours of receiving.
Attend all recommended internal or external development & Training sessions;
Assist with providing supportive documents related to job letters, tax obligation related documents to contractors;
The Recruitment and Training Specialist will be required to work on an on call rotational basis after hours, on weekdays, weekends and public holidays as outlined by the Recruitment and Training – Team Lead
Assist with Coordinating crew changes, ensuring timely and safe rotation of personnel on offshore assignments.
Arrange medical appointments and offshore training for employees, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
Assist with Facilitating PPE arrangements, which might include procurement, distribution, and maintenance.
Assist with payroll processing, ensuring accurate and timely payments.
Conduct timesheet assessments, verifying and managing work hours, overtime, and leave requests.
Maintain accurate records of personnel certifications and licenses, ensuring compliance with industry requirements.
Collaborate with the HSE department to enhance safety standards and procedures.
Address employee inquiries and concerns related to logistics and HR matters.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, regulations, and best practices.
· Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in HR administration/ Recruitment for the Energy Sector.
· Knowledge of industry-specific certifications.
· Familiarity with offshore training programs and medical screening requirements.
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
· Proficiency in HR software and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
· Problem solving oriented.
•Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures;
•Good knowledge of employment/ labour laws;
•Outstanding knowledge of MS Office;
•Excellent communication and people skills;
•Aptitude in problem-solving;
•Desire to work as a team with a result driven approach.
•Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
Proven ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under pressure with detail orientation and professional grace.
- HSSEQ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountability in all aspects of health and safety relevant to his/her operation through demonstration and leadership.
- The delivery of adequate health and safety instruction/induction to each and every new employee.
- Ensuring that all employees understand that the violation of established safe work practices is the violation of company rules.
- The promotion of proper use and care of protective equipment on each job.
- The prompt reporting of all injuries within (1) hour to the HSSEQ Team Leader or designated Site HSSEQ Coordinator/Representative.
- The conducting of routine health and safety inspections of his/her area for unsafe conditions, also ensuring the proper use and maintenance of protective equipment.
- The initiation and forwarding of all necessary incident reports to the HSSEQ Team Leader or designated Site HSSEQ Coordinator/Representative such as: Incident Reports, Near Miss Reports, Unsafe Conditions etc.
- Administer and report to Management on the status of workers compensation claims and property damage insurance claims- specific to Accounts Team Leader