The Safety Officer is responsible for ensuring the Management System and associated COPs are implemented effectively. Specifically, they will ensure all daily operational and maintenance activities are carried out according to Management System requirements.
Specific duties include:
• Contribute to the maintenance of Health, Safety and Management Systems and Operational Requirements.
• Contribute to the Maintenance of the Working Environment and Operational Requirements.
• Contribute to The Development and Maintenance of Health and Safety Culture at The Workplace.
• Contribute to The Reporting, Investigation and Follow Up of Incidents.
• Prepare and Present Demonstrations and Information and Perform General Security and Heli-Admin Duties.
• Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures.
• Emergency Response
• Provide any additional duties as required by the OIM/Unit Spt and /or HOD to maintain safe and efficient running of the Unit.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Qualified to minimum NEBOSH Cert preferred, NEBOSH Diploma would be an advantage.
• Minimum 5 years hydrocarbon Production Operations Processing experience on or offshore OR
• 5 years as Safety Officer in similar environment.
• FPSO experience preferred.
• Good experience in Safety Management Systems.
• Highly experienced in used and operation of PTW, Risk Assessment, Gas Testing, safe control and monitoring of all hazardous maintenance activities including hot work and confined space entry.
• Experience of helicopter operations (HLO experience preferred).
• 12 hours per day, 7 days’ work week, 28 days on/off
• Offshore operation located in Guyana.
• Busy, fast-paced environment
At this time, we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
Closing date for submission of all resumes is no later than Tuesday, August 30, 2022