Join Our Database!
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
The Human Resource and Customer Care Specialist is responsible for providing support for EL Dorado Offshore (EDO) Guyana’s recruitment based on clients’ requirements. He/ She is responsible for coordinating crew changes and transport arrangements for all offshore/onshore employees and is also responsible for providing excellent customer service and ensuring that all queries from customers are dealt with in a timely manner. Human Resource and Customer Care Specialist is required to possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills. He/ She must be a knowledge expert on the product or service offered by our Company and be able to describe its features and details to customers.
Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding
• Ensuring accurate maintenance of employee/recruitment databases for respective clients.
• Processing of all applications from prospective applicants and shortlisting candidates as per client specifications.
• Support the interview coordination function by organizing and conducting interviews with prospective employees.
• Initiate the onboarding process ensuring all required trainings and medicals are completed, contracts are completed, and employees are pro vided with all requirements for their position.
• Making flight arrangements, when required.
• Manage the work permit application process in partnership with our Immigration/Visa Coordinator.
Performance Management & Training Development
• Coordination of the Performance Appraisal Exercise for employees.
• Monitor and Report on Performance Reviews – to identify Non-Performing employees Training and Development.
• Aid in Performance Review Appeals.
• Assist in the identification of training needs out of Performance Assessments and training needs assessments.
• Assist in the execution and evaluation of training initiatives.
• Assist in ensuring all employment practices follow labour laws.
• Provide support to employees in the interpretation of HR policies and guidelines.
• Assist in the preparation of disciplinary letters.
• Coordinate and participate in disciplinary hearings.
• Assist in the management of the implementation and administration of policies and procedures.
• Provide payroll information to the Finance Department in a timely manner.
• Notify the Finance department of changes to employees’ salaries.
• Manage Compensation in coordination with the Human Resource Director.
• Update Phoneix Software with employee information.
• Providing information to Invoicing Assistant in a timely manner to facilitate the billing process.
• Review and confirm WO Lines logged by the Invoicing Assistant.
• Logging of WO lines when required.
• Follow up on outstanding invoices with clients.
• Manage and coordinate all accounts assigned by the HR Director.
• Ensure effective and efficient communication with customers via email, phone or any other medium.
• Answer customer enquiries and or queries in a professional and courteous manner.
• Manage customers’ queries and provide daily and or weekly updates.
• Provide direct support for both customers and internal employees.
• Work directly with our internal departments to gather information (Operations, Accounts, Procurement, Contracts & Proposals, Personnel Logistics, HSSEQ) to resolve any customer related matters in a timely and effective manner.
• Arrange medicals for perspective employees.
• Arrange contract & medical renewals for existing employees.
• Provide the necessary PPE information for new employees to the Crew Change Officer.
• Overseas crew change operations in line with rotations and planned schedules.
• Acts as focal point for the department in relation to personnel movement.
• Ensuring all personnel have the required documentation for staging e.g. National passports, safety passports for offshore and CAEBS Training.
• Quarantine documentation-liaison with employees to complete forms for submission to clients and for record keeping.
• Any other duties that may be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERINCE
• Minimum of a degree in HR Administration, Business Administration, or a related field
• At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar field
• Knowledge of crew change operations for offshore would be an asset.
• Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
• Good knowledge of employment/labour laws
• Outstanding knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Aptitude in problem-solving
• Desire to work as a team with a result driven approach.
• Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
• Proven ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under pressure with detail orientation and professional grace.
• Accountability in all aspects of health and safety relevant to his/her operation through demonstration and leadership.
• The delivery of adequate health and safety instruction/induction to each and every new employee.
• Ensuring that all employees understand that the violation of established safe work practices is the violation of company rules.
• The promotion of proper use and care of protective equipment on each job.
• The prompt reporting of all injuries within (1) hour to the HSSEQ Team Leader or designated Site HSSEQ Coordinator/Representative.
• The conducting of routine health and safety inspections of his/her area for unsafe conditions, also ensuring the proper use and maintenance of protective equipment.
• The initiation and forwarding of all necessary incident reports to the HSSEQ Team Leader or designated Site HSSEQ Coordinator/Representative such as: Incident Reports, Near Miss Reports, Unsafe Conditions etc.
• Administer and report to Management on the status of workers compensation claims and property damage insurance claims- specific to Accounts Team Leader.