SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
The Human Resource and Customer Care Specialist is responsible for providing support for EL Dorado Offshore (EDO) Guyana’s recruitment based on clients’ requirements. He/ She is responsible for coordinating crew changes and transport arrangements for all offshore/onshore employees and is also responsible for providing excellent customer service and ensuring that all queries from customers are dealt with in a timely manner. Human Resource and Customer Care Specialist is required to possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills. He/ She must be a knowledge expert on the product or service offered by our Company and be able to describe its features and details to customers.
Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding
• Ensuring accurate maintenance of employee/recruitment databases for respective clients.
• Processing of all applications from prospective applicants and shortlisting candidates as per client specifications.
• Support the interview coordination function by organizing and conducting interviews with prospective employees.
• Initiate the onboarding process ensuring all required trainings and medicals are completed, contracts are completed, and employees are pro vided with all requirements for their position.
• Making flight arrangements, when required.
• Manage the work permit application process in partnership with our Immigration/Visa Coordinator.
Performance Management & Training Development
• Coordination of the Performance Appraisal Exercise for employees.
• Monitor and Report on Performance Reviews – to identify Non-Performing employees Training and Development.
• Aid in Performance Review Appeals.
• Assist in the identification of training needs out of Performance Assessments and training needs assessments.
• Assist in the execution and evaluation of training initiatives.
• Assist in ensuring all employment practices follow labour laws.
• Provide support to employees in the interpretation of HR policies and guidelines.
• Assist in the preparation of disciplinary letters.
• Coordinate and participate in disciplinary hearings.
• Assist in the management of the implementation and administration of policies and procedures.
• Provide payroll information to the Finance Department in a timely manner.
• Notify the Finance department of changes to employees’ salaries.
• Manage Compensation in coordination with the Human Resource Director.
• Update Phoneix Software with employee information.
• Providing information to Invoicing Assistant in a timely manner to facilitate the billing process.
• Review and confirm WO Lines logged by the Invoicing Assistant.
• Logging of WO lines when required.
• Follow up on outstanding invoices with clients.
• Manage and coordinate all accounts assigned by the HR Director.
• Ensure effective and efficient communication with customers via email, phone or any other medium.
• Answer customer enquiries and or queries in a professional and courteous manner.
• Manage customers’ queries and provide daily and or weekly updates.
• Provide direct support for both customers and internal employees.
• Work directly with our internal departments to gather information (Operations, Accounts, Procurement, Contracts & Proposals, Personnel Logistics, HSSEQ) to resolve any customer related matters in a timely and effective manner.
• Arrange medicals for perspective employees.
• Arrange contract & medical renewals for existing employees.
• Provide the necessary PPE information for new employees to the Crew Change Officer.
• Overseas crew change operations in line with rotations and planned schedules.
• Acts as focal point for the department in relation to personnel movement.
• Ensuring all personnel have the required documentation for staging e.g. National passports, safety passports for offshore and CAEBS Training.
• Quarantine documentation-liaison with employees to complete forms for submission to clients and for record keeping.
• Any other duties that may be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERINCE
• Minimum of a degree in HR Administration, Business Administration, or a related field
• At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar field
• Knowledge of crew change operations for offshore would be an asset.
• Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
• Good knowledge of employment/labour laws
• Outstanding knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Aptitude in problem-solving
• Desire to work as a team with a result driven approach.
• Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
• Proven ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under pressure with detail orientation and professional grace.
• Accountability in all aspects of health and safety relevant to his/her operation through demonstration and leadership.
• The delivery of adequate health and safety instruction/induction to each and every new employee.
• Ensuring that all employees understand that the violation of established safe work practices is the violation of company rules.
• The promotion of proper use and care of protective equipment on each job.
• The prompt reporting of all injuries within (1) hour to the HSSEQ Team Leader or designated Site HSSEQ Coordinator/Representative.
• The conducting of routine health and safety inspections of his/her area for unsafe conditions, also ensuring the proper use and maintenance of protective equipment.
• The initiation and forwarding of all necessary incident reports to the HSSEQ Team Leader or designated Site HSSEQ Coordinator/Representative such as: Incident Reports, Near Miss Reports, Unsafe Conditions etc.
• Administer and report to Management on the status of workers compensation claims and property damage insurance claims- specific to Accounts Team Leader.