Site HSSE/ Site Unit Engineer (Security Specialist)
As Site HSSE / Site Unit Specialist, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring prevention and mitigation of risks to our personnel, assets, the environment, and our Company reputation, and for ensuring compliance with all standards, rules and other requirements imposed by Company, Regulators, Clients and other relevant Stakeholders.
• Onshore / Offshore assets and people Manager
• Incident Management – including Emergency/incident response planning.
• Support both Group Security, the HSSE function and the SBM Offshore business in general, conducting research and analyses for all SBM operations worldwide, focusing on political, social, operational (on/offshore) and physical security threats and risks to our business activities.
• Support internal investigations of security breaches. fraud, theft, business/ ethical violations to ensure the protection of SBM’s assets, reputation, and integrity.
• Analyzes gathered information and recommends appropriate action to executive management.
• Establish and promote an excellent working relationship with local, state and, federal law enforcement agencies. Assist such agencies, as required, with investigations involving SBM’s employees or contractors; interacts with other security organizations outside of SBM network for benchmarking purposes.
• Contribute to SBM security training, briefings, risk management / assessments, and have full control over the Travel Tracker system from ISOS International.
• Advise on security measures and controls, acting as the local authority liaison.
• Cascade the project discipline’s requirements to SBM employees on site/ on assigned vessels, and ensure the delivery is aligned with Company standards and client’s contract.
• Foster and sustain a strong partnership with SBM employees on site, ensuring the security of visitors.
• Conduct regular controls on site to ensure appropriate preventive and corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner and provide reports to RC, project or operations level. Implementing the most effective systems for ensuring the protection of staff.
• Interact with all employees to keep them informed and aware of best security practices.
• Participate to vendor/subcontractor qualification, to ensure they comply with Company standards (as required).
• Drive continuous improvement of contractors’ delivery on site, ensuring appropriate corrective actions implemented when required.
• Promote and maintain Management Systems.
• Provide support of defined Security Procedures and Guidelines in accordance with SBM’s Security Guidelines and Policy.
• Responsible to perform annual risk analysis for the country, mainly considering the level of crime, terrorism, workplace violence, threats from natural disaster, cargo theft, e.g.
• Lead and/or conduct internal and external verifications/surveys/audits, and ensure that appropriate corrective actions are identified and
• Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the country operations.
• Ensure appropriate elements of BMP5 are implemented and maintained
• Actively contribute to the deployment of training programmes and communication campaigns
• Ensure the site team has the right information, tools and training to perform their job and achieve objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a Security Management or Health related field
• Minimum of Five (5) years of operational experience in either the military or police, or in a similar position, with at least Two (2) years in a senior/ supervisory role.
• Applicable Certifications such as First Aid, Situational Awareness, Physical Security (Certified Protection Officer (CPO), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), or Physical Security Professional (PSP)) would be a benefit
• Having a safety mindset and a basic qualification in Health and Safety will be a bonus
• Exposure to Foreign affairs, embassies etc., in a security capacity will be beneficial.
• Corporate Security & Corporate Security Risk Management certifications would also be a benefit.
• Effective Organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and a high level of fluency in English (both written and verbal)
• Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
• Experience in Safety Management Systems required; medical response, defensive driving required
• Ability to combat physical threats in the workplace
• Monday to Friday, office hours
• Office located in Georgetown
• Busy, fast-paced environment
• Permanent, full-time position
• Competitive salary
• Medical and Life Insurance benefits
At this time, we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
Closing date for submission of resumes is Tuesday, September 20, 2022.