Supervisor – Warehouse
The Supervisor – Warehouse will be responsible for overseeing the operational activities at the Warehouse, including training of staff, and maintaining the warehouse inventory, receive and record inventory and other pertinent records. The incumbent will also be responsible for the development of Key Performance Indicators management system for the Warehouse and ensuring these indicators are accomplished.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan, organize, supervise, and participate in daily Warehouse operational activities, including the receipt, documentation, storage, safety and distribution of equipment and supplies while maintaining an inventory of warehouse supplies.
2. Train and evaluate the performance of assigned warehouse employees; assign workloads to warehouse workers.
3. Receive, unpack, pack, load, issue, store and deliver materials, textbooks, supplies or equipment; complete packing slips for shipments as assigned.
4. Route, schedule, pack and prepare orders for delivery, load vehicles, schedule and oversee deliveries and pick-ups.
5. Supervise the processing of requisitions and requests to invoice for reimbursements of warehouse codes; complete requisitions for needed materials to assure adequate stock levels.
6. Prepare and maintain a variety of records and logs and prepare reports as required; maintain inventory of items in the Warehouse; file records as required; supervise the assembly of inventory printouts and catalogues as required.
7. Operate and demonstrate use of specialized warehouse equipment as necessary; assure proper and routine maintenance and servicing of warehouse vehicles and equipment.
8. Develop Key Performance Indicator (KPI) management system at the Warehouse and ensure persons are trained in the system
9. Innovative to developing new systems and procedures to automate the Warehouse where necessary
10. Maintain Profit and Loss databases for the Warehouse.
11. Any other duties that may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
• A Bachelor of Science Degree in Management, Project Management, or a related field.
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience is a similar role.
• Knowledge of Warehousing operations, procedures, terminology, receiving and issuing materials, and stock control methods and techniques will be an asset.
• Must possess knowledge of materials, equipment, and supplies used in a school district.
• Must possess knowledge of space utilization and inventory techniques and proper storage methods, materials, and supplies.
• Must possess knowledge of Health and Safety regulations.
• Must possess knowledge of automated warehousing record-keeping techniques and inventory systems.
• A valid driver’s license with a minimum of two years of driving experience
• Must be certified to operate forklifts and other warehouse equipment and machinery.
• Must be defensive driving certified.
• Supervise the Warehouse and any other assigned staff and perform the supervisory duties as listed above.
• Accountability in all aspects of health and safety relevant to his/her operation through demonstration and leadership.
• Ensuring that all employees understand that the violation of established safe work practices is the violation of company rules.
• The promotion of proper use and care of protective equipment on each job.
• The prompt reporting of all injuries within (1) hour to the Manager – HSSEF or designated Site HSSE Coordinator/Representative.
• The conducting of routine health and safety inspections of his/her area for unsafe conditions, also ensuring the proper use and maintenance of protective equipment.
• The initiation and forwarding of all necessary incident reports to the Manager - HSSEF or designated Site HSSEF Coordinator/Representative such as: Incident Reports, Near Miss Reports, Unsafe Conditions etc.
• Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
• Enjoyable to work with - especially with direct team members.
• Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
• Management of time and tasks – can work on multiple tasks, meet KPIs, reorganize and work on high priority tasks, hand over tasks when going on leave.
• Technical Analysis of requests - quickly process and understand requests, identify where external assistance is needed, document concisely and clearly what is required, plan how to respond.
• Problem-solving - suggest recommended actions rather than ask for help, develop innovative ideas, pre-emptively identify issues with existing procedures, and implement solutions.
• Quality Assurance – Quickly picks up technical errors, typos, issues with sentence construction, gaps in logic, incorrect or missing pricing while reviewing requests, quotes, and technical proposals
• Teamwork and Emotional Intelligence - work well with others in the department, work well with other departments, build mutual trust and respect, develop strong professional relationships with others in the company, display emotional intelligence when dealing with others.
• MS Office - Intermediate to Advance in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams.
• Physical demand - Primarily Office / Work from home.
• May attend virtual or in-person conferences, workshops, meetings, etc.
• Will be required to be on-site visits from time to time (shore base, ports, vessels, etc).
• Will be required to visit all ports in Guyana.
• Foreign travel is possible.
DEADLINE: September 3rd ,2021